Polls are now closed. Please go to Round 2.
Few filmmakers strive to make a bad movie, yet succeed just the same. In order to celebrate all the terrible motion pictures that have been forced upon an unsuspecting audience through the decades, FilmVerse presents its Summer 2012 edition of the Theatre of Shame. This is a contest where you can vote on awful films from various categories to narrow down over the next several weeks the Shameful Winner (or would that be loser?). Bear in mind that this honor does not indicate the worst film of all time, but it’s a safe bet to say that it’ll be up there (or down there?) on the list. Here are the rules:
1) FilmVerse will nominate 4 motion pictures each in 16 categories. Readers are to vote for what they consider the worst film in each category. Please keep it to one vote per person for each category.
2) “Winners” of each category will move on to Round 2. These 8 films will then be paired, bracket style, to narrow down to 4 films for Round 3, and finally 2 movies will compete in the showdown to see which will be placed as the headliner of the Theatre of Shame
3) The dates for each round is as follows:
- Round 1 – Monday, August 20, 2012 (today, with 64 nominees)
- Round 2 – Monday, August 27, 2012 (16 competitors)
- Round 3 – Monday, September 3, 2012 (8 competitors)
- Round 4 – Monday, September 10, 2012 (4 semi-finalists)
- Round 5 – Monday, September 17 (2 finalists)
- “Winner” announced – Tuesday, September 18, 2012
4) Nominated films may only compete in one category for each competition; however, the “winner” and all nominees may be nominated again in future competitions.
5) If your favorite bad movie is not nominated this time around, suggest it for a future competition. Also, if you would like to see a category not represented this time, feel free to mention it in the comments.
6) Have fun! The intent is not to mock, but to enjoy filmmaking at its worst. Okay, perhaps a little mockery never hurt anyone…
NOTE: Round 5 was added to the schedule, as an error in the bracketing was discovered. Also, FilmVerse seems to be having some problem with certain polls for no apparent reason. If you see wackiness (missing formatting or disappearing polls), we apologize and suggest to check back soon.
Summer 2012 Theatre of Shame Nominees:
FAMILY FILM CATEGORY
MAYBE INTENTIONALLY BAD MOVIE CATEGORY
copyright © 2012 FilmVerse